FOR JUNE 5, 2000
Since we haven't received a solitary e-mail about what we should do with this section, we've decided to just post the entire quiz at once. It'll probably be up forever, so don't fret. (Who reads this website, anyway?)
We're not usually big on e-mail forwards, but this one is pretty amazing. It is also a lot fun and highly addicting. Once you start reading, you'll no doubt be kept busy for hours! Get a pencil and paper handy...or open up a word program or something.
Below are 222 lines (about 44 women) from '80s pop music songs. Your job is to guess the song and artist of each. No two songs are by the same artist, and all were produced between 1980 - 1989. The average person should be familiar with almost all of the songs, if he/she owned a radio in the '80s.
Answers will be provided at a later date...if you're lucky.
Good luck...and keep on dancing!
1. Suckin on chili dogs outside the
2. I've done no harm, I keep to myself.
3. There's a freeway runnin' through the yard.
4. I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all.
5. Your mom threw away your best porno mag.
6. Can you hear them? They talk about us, telling lies, well that's no surprise.
7. One that won't make me nervous, wonderin what to do.
8. Are you more than hot for me, or am I a page in your history (book)?
9. I can hear you comin, I know what you're after.
10. And it's true we are immune when fact is fiction and TV reality.
11. Don't go around breaking young girls' hearts.
12. I've got my back against the record machine.
13. You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand.
14. A cloud appears above your head, a beam of light comes shining down on you.
15. I'm lying in the rain, but I never wave bye-bye.
16. He's the one that makes ya feel alright.
17. Are you happy, are you satisfied, how long can you stand the heat?
18. I think I thought you were someone else.
19. I tried my imagination but I was disturbed.
20. I tell you one and one makes three.
21. I'll be stretching my mouth to let those big words come right out.
22. And though she will mess up your life, you want her just the same.
23. You can listen as well as you hear.
24. Think of the tender things that we were working on.
25. They gave you life and in return you gave them hell.
26. Knew he must've been about seventeen.
27. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools.
28. Can't get food for the king.
29. Step on a crack, break your momma's back.
30. Her hair reminds me of a warn safe place where as a child I'd lie.
31. You're like the sun chasing all of the rain away.
32. Everyone you meet, they're jamming in the streets.
33. I'm not internationally known, but I'm known to rock a microphone.
34. Every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray.
35. We'll take your car, yes we will, we'll take your car and drive it.
36. I said to my reflection "let's get out of this place."
37. Easy ready willing overtime.
38. The five years we have had have been such good times.
39. Didn't know how lost I was until I found you.
40. People of the world today, are we looking for a better way of life?
41. You in that dress, my thoughts, I confess, verge on dirty.
42. I'm about to lose control and I think I like it.
43. Write it on a pound note, pound note.
44. We are strong, no one can tell us we're wrong.
45. Out on the road today, I saw a deadhead sticker on a Cadillac.
46. Caught up in the action, I've been looking out for you.
47. An invisible man sleeping in your bed.
48. But somewhere, sometime, when you're curious, I'll be back around.
49. I know her love is true, but it's so damn easy makin' love to you.
50. Oh mother dear, we're not the fortunate ones.
51. And incidents arose from circumstance.
52. You know I like my girls a little bit older.
53. You always live your life never thinking of the future.
54. Now we're sharing the same dreams, and our hearts can beat as one.
55. She don't need a man's touch.
56. She'll get a hold on you, believe it.
57. You're everywhere, but you're so hard to find.
58. You want your percentage, but I'm the fool paying the dues.
59. No April rain, no flowers' bloom, no wedding Saturday within the month of June.
60. There's a skeleton chokin' on a crust of bread.
61. With my body and soul, I want you more than you'll ever know.
62. I used to think maybe you loved me, now I know that it's true.
63. Animals strike curious poses.
64. Religion is a light in the fog.
65. I don't know where I'm goin', but I sure know where I've been.
66. If you want to find all the cops, they're hanging out in the donut shop.
67. And there's a heart that's breaking down this long distance line tonight.
68. I'm always workin', slavin', every day.
69. Feel like I could run away, run away, from this empty heart.
70. Kick off your Sunday shoes.
71. Daddy says she's too young, but she's old enough for me.
72. He turned to me as if to say, "Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you."
73. You're not naive, you must be strong.
74. Darken the city, night is a wire, steam in the subway, earth is afire.
75. She had the body of a venus, Lord imagine my surprise.
76. I can't help recalling how it felt to kiss and hold you tight.
77. Will you meet him on the main line, or will you catch him on the rebound?
78. Watching every motion in this foolish lover's game.
79. You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day.
80. Loving would be easy if your colours were like my dreams: red, gold and green.
81. They threw an American flag in our face.
82. When I'm dancing close to her, I can smell the chemicals.
83. She told me to come, but I was already there.
84. Streetlight people, living just to find emotion.
85. It belongs to them, let's give it back.
86. Everything you do is quite angelicate.
87. Rolling like thunder under the covers.
88. I don't know what you expect staring into the TV set.
89. My eyes dilate, my lips go green.
90. I touch you once, I touch you twice.
91. To have you with me I would swim the seven seas.
92. Crazy little woman in a one man show.
93. Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet.
94. Got in a little hometown jam, so they put a rifle in my hand.
95. There is freedom within, there is freedom without.
96. But whatever road you choose, I'm right behind you win or lose.
97. I need fifty dollars to make you holler.
98. So let's sink another drink, 'cause it'll give me time to think.
99. Goddess on the mountain top.
100. Couldn't see how much I missed you (now I do).
101. They even bother my poor father 'cause he's down with me.
102. Where can I find a woman like that?
103. Paul, I think I told you, I'm a lover not a fighter.
104. Mine's an ordinary life, working when it's daylight and sleeping when it's night.
105. I had a whiskey on the rocks and change of a dollar for the jukebox.
106. Just don't ask me how I am.
107. Your lights are on but you're not home.
108. Take your passion and make it happen.
109. That little faggot he's a millionaire.
110. I was wrong, now I find just one thing makes me forget.
111. So if you're feeling low, turn up your radio.
112. It's no better to be safe than sorry.
113. Darlin', in my wildest dreams, I never thought I'd go.
114. The road is long, there are mountains in your way.
115. The Salvation Army band played and the children drank lemonade.
116. The more you live, the faster you will die.
117. I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin.
118. I love you though you hurt me so.
119. Wouldn't wanna be swept away, far away from the one that I love.
120. The sheik he drove his Cadillac.
121. She showed me the beach, gave me a peach, and pulled out the suntan lotion.
122. Two silhouettes saying goodnight by the garden gate.
123. Have some more chicken, have some more pie.
124. I want the doctor to take your picture so I could look at you from inside as well.
125. Well it's all right riding around in the breeze.
126. I'm just going to keep on counting until you are mine.
127. Every time you call my name, I heat up like a burnin' flame.
128. This is it boys, this is war.
129. I can't understand what makes a man hate another man.
130. I can't sleep at night, I toss and turn.
131. I know you really want to tell me goodbye.
132. Food is served and you're stone cold munchin'.
133. Don't let go while I'm hangin' on, 'cause I been hangin' on so long.
134. We can dance, everybody look at your hands.
135. I know a place where we can dance the whole night away underneath electric stars.
136. I know a good thing must come to an end but it's hard to take losing a friend.
137. Well Superman looked up at me, he said "you rock so naturally."
138. You can say anything you like, but you can't touch the merchandise.
139. You want a piece of my heart? You better start from the start.
140. But when the wrong word goes in the right ear, I know you been lyin' to me.
141. I follow where my mind goes.
142. What's your definition of dirty, baby?
143. We'll leave the TV and the radio behind.
144. All you sittin' in high places, the rain's gonna fall on you.
145. I turn the switch and check the number, I leave it on when in bed I slumber.
146. So when the night falls, my lonely heart calls.
147. So you better go back to your bars, your temples, your massage parlors.
148. Did you really think about it before you made the rules?
149. So you think my singing's out of time? Well it makes me money.
150. Across the north and south to Key Largo, love for sale.
151. Bermuda, Bahama, come on pretty mama.
152. I swear that I could see forever in your eyes.
153. Nothing had the chance to be good, nothing ever could.
154. Take my license and all that jive.
155. Well by the force of will my lungs are filled, and so I breathe.
156. Dreams stay with you like a lover's voice fires the mountainside.
157. No huggin', no kissin', til I get a wedding ring.
158. I don't worry 'cause my wallet's fat.
159. Sister's sighing in her sleep.
160. Better make it fast or else I'm gonna get pissed.
161. Wish I knew what you were looking for.
162. What's your price for flight?
163. I know a guy who's tough but sweet.
164. And I had a feeling I could be someone, be someone, be someone.
165. Why do I find it hard to write the next line? Oh I want the truth to be said.
166. Every time he pulls me near, I just wanna cheer.
167. Put the needle on the record.
168. Whoa no, I've got to keep on moving.
169. Once upon a time there was light in my life, but now there's only love in the dark.
170. I stain my sheets, I don't even know why.
171. There were incidents and accidents, there were hints and allegations.
172. I can't get any rest, people say I'm obsessed.
173. She dances like she's never danced before.
174. Do your fancy dances.
175. Your moves are so raw, I've got to let you know you're one of my kind.
176. Get up, get up, get up, get up, let's make love tonight.
177. But when I win your heart, I'm gonna paint it cherry red.
178. All the doors I closed on time will open up again.
179. Dream of better lives, the kind which never hate.
180. You can feel the punishment but you can't commit the sin.
181. I'm not the one to tell you what's wrong or what's right.
182. He wants me, but only part of the time.
183. People don't you know, don't you know it's about time?
184. You were the first, you'll be the last.
185. You think you're mad, too unstable, kicking in chairs and knocking down tables.
186. Your heart's been achin' but you're too shy to say it.
187. The only one who'll hang out with me is my dear Old Granddad.
188. Things are going great, and they're only getting better.
189. So you better treat her right.
190. It's time to bring this ship in to the shore and throw away the oars forever.
191. We are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving.
192. We could dance and party all night, and drink some cherry wine.
193. Dressed up like a million-dollar trooper.
194. You've got to find a way, say what you want to say.
195. Sail away with me to another world.
196. I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on.
197. Welcome to the big time, you're bound to be a star.
198. Yo no soy marinero, por ti sere, por ti sere, por ti sere.
199. Work all day to earn his pay, so we can play all night.
200. Ever since you've been leaving me, I've been wanting to cry.
201. Baby baby when I look at you, I get a warm feeling inside.
202. And when we hear the voices sing, the book of love will open up and let us in.
203. Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want to be abused.
204. He's licking his lips, he's ready to win, on the hunt tonight for love at first sting.
205. I have a picture pinned to my wall.
206. I can see a new horizon underneath the blazin' sky.
207. You'll flow down her river, she'll ask and you'll give her.
208. Earth below us, drifting, falling, floating weightless.
209. Ooh baby, do you know what that's worth?
210. I know when to pull you closer and I know when to let you loose.
211. Let me hear your body talk.
212. Won't you pack your bags? We'll leave tonight.
213. The beating of our hearts is the only sound.
214. And if this world runs out of lovers, we'll still have each other.
215. Is it so wrong to be human after all?
216. There is good and bad (mmmm-hmmm) in everyone.
217. Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken?
218. It's gonna take money, a whole lotta spendin' money.
219. I'm not the kind of girl who gives up just like that.
220. It must've been some kind of kiss, I shoulda walked away.
221. You see it all around you, good lovin' gone bad.
222. Ronny, Bobby, Ricky and Mike, if I like a girl, who cares who you like?
I'm goin' back to Cali | Take me home tonight